The Wrights Dowson Group has a long-established reputation for designing, manufacturing, and delivering high-quality tubular screw conveyors. With a greater emphasis on manufacturing and maximising output while minimising space, tubular screw conveyors are ideal bespoke solutions in such environments.
The company offers a bespoke and fully comprehensive design service using the latest CAD and 3D modelling innovations for all types of tubular screw conveyors for multiple industries. These include:
- Heavy-duty grain storage
- Animal feed milling
- Biomass and waste
Typically, a tubular screw conveyor is also used to handle and transport food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and other bulk solid materials in manufacturing plants.
Any industry considering employing tubular screw conveyors as part of their manufacturing processes is wise to be fully aware of the advantages and limitations of tubular screw conveyors.
Advantages of Tubular Screw Conveyors
There are several advantages to using this type of screw conveyor:
- There are relatively low manufacturing costs involved compared to other conveying procedures such as belts, pneumatic devices or aeromechanical machines.
- The Wrights Dowson Group can manufacture tubular screw conveyors in various materials, including stainless steel, mild steel or abrasion-resistant material.
- They are highly suitable for conveying dry or semi-fluid bulk materials in an entirely enclosed space, thereby reducing the threat of hazardous contamination, dust, spillage and subsequent waste.
- Tubular screw conveyors require little storage space and can be used in compact environments, making them flexible for smaller manufacturers. In addition, thanks to their design, they can, if needed, be installed at an angle in situations where a height difference needs to be overcome.
- The design is highly versatile and provides a range of solutions for the handling and transporting of granular and powdery materials.
- They are easy to install in-house and require little maintenance and cleaning, thanks to high-quality stainless steel and steel sealing techniques.
- Thanks to their design, they have a long service life, adding to their cost-effectiveness.
- Tubular screw conveyors can be angled from 0 to 90 degrees for flexible movement and transportation. This is also advantageous because they can be used in a horizontal or vertical position and any incline needed to handle particular products. In addition, they can operate with significant pressure differences.
- Tubular screw conveyors can be designed with flights, bearings, covers, inlets, outlets and mountings according to your own specifications and needs.
Disadvantages of Tubular Screw Conveyors
There are a few disadvantages to be aware of when considering this type of machine for your industry, mainly if it may be the case that a different kind of screw conveyor may be more suitable for your needs:
- Tubes and spirals may wear out if this type of machinery is being used to convey more abrasive materials such as coarse sands, sugar and minerals.
- There can be a limited conveying distance of 30m per screw. This can potentially restrict the efficiency of a larger scale manufacturing process.
- Tubular screw conveyors can have a limited capacity. This is in keeping with other conveyors and can depend upon how bulky the transported material is, its density and size, and what speed and pitch the tubular screw conveyor will be operated at.
- Not every type of material can be transported using this type of screw conveyor. It is best to avoid transporting materials with particles that stick together or have high moisture levels or accumulate in the conveyor. This, in turn, causes the conveyor to lock up.
The Wrights Dowson Group can design, manufacture, and deliver a bespoke, long-lasting tubular screw conveyor system ideal for modern-day manufacturing needs. It uses the latest technology combined with CAD and 3D modelling to guarantee a fast project turnaround of any tubular screw conveyor for your business.
The Wrights Dowson Group offers its clients top of the range sales and customer support following the delivery of your tubular screw conveyors. This includes providing component parts, spares, segments and bearings.