In many manufacturing processes, it is vital to keep contaminants away from the product and ensure a clean and safe working environment. However, this can prove difficult when rotating shafts are involved in the machinery, as the product can easily escape. At the same time, rotating shafts cannot easily be sealed as they need to move freely and remain lubricated.
Rotary shaft seals, also known as Radial Shaft seals, help exclude dirt, dust, water and other materials from production by effectively sealing rotating shaft equipment.
The Wrights Dowson Group is one of the leading suppliers of rotary shaft seals in the UK, having built a reputation across the following industries:
- Food and drink
- Animal feed and grain
To name a few…
We supply Cinchseal rotary shaft seals, which address the challenges of ordinary rotary seals in several innovative ways.
How Do Cinchseal’s Rotary Shaft Seals Work?
Rotary shaft seals squeeze around the rotating shaft of bulk handling equipment whilst maintaining a slim lubricant layer between the shaft and the lip. Through hydrodynamic action, the seals create a slight pump action.
Rotary shaft seals are commonly used with cement manufacturers, electric vehicles and food processors. They ensure no contamination can leak from the equipment, and no contamination can enter into the product.
The seals function with applications such as:
- Ribbon blenders
- Screw conveyors
- Bulk handling equipment
- Any machinery that moves product
What Makes the Cinchseal Rotary Shaft Seal Design So Special
Cinchseal rotary shaft seals are the most effective way to seal rotary shafts and ensure a clean and effective manufacturing process. In addition, they improve on products like lip seals, as these are known to fracture easily and increase the risk of contaminant leakage.
Cinchseal’s design features a range of innovations to keep that risk at a minimum. Their rotary shaft seals are constructed with a hard-faced anodized aluminium or polished stainless steel casing, including stainless steel or PTFE rotor cups. As a result, the interface surface of their seals are much more significant and therefore help prevent leakage and contamination. Rotary shaft seals for high-pressure applications also provide air or nitrogen purging, which pushes the rotors tightly against the strator and closes the sliding interface to prevent leakage.
The Benefits of Cinchseal Rotary Shaft Seals
Here are the many advantages that Cinchseal’s innovative rotary shaft seals can provide:
- The split design of these seals makes them easy to install. You don’t need to rely on outside installers to get set up.
- Rotary shaft seals prevent leakage and contamination, which helps you reduce product waste.
- Avoiding contamination with Cinchseal shaft seals ensures a safer and cleaner working environment protecting your workforce from illness.
- The larger sealing surface of Cinchseal’s seals ensures better protection from leakage and sturdier, longer-lasting protection.
- Rotary Shaft Seals are cost-effective. They prevent accidents that could impact your bottom line and are affordable to install.
- Thanks to a silicone Elastomer, Cinchseal’s rotary shaft seals allow their rotary assembly to float with the shaft, avoiding misalignment with the bulk handling equipment.
- Cinchseal’s radial seals can quickly be taken apart. This makes it easy to clean and maintain them.
Find the Best Cinchseal Rotary Shaft Seal for Your Manufacturing Process
Cinchseal rotary shaft seals help address many technical difficulties that other seals don’t. In addition, through innovative design and reliable construction, these rotary shaft seals can upgrade and improve a wide range of applications.
Our Wrights Dowson Group Engineers will be happy to advise you on what rotary shaft seal will suit your applications. We can also customize solutions to meet your needs. So get in touch today for advice, technical support and quotations.