What Is A Screw Conveyor?
A screw conveyor is a method of moving a product from A to B. Its construction consists of a tube with a screw inside. As the screw turns, the product is propelled along the tube until it reaches its destination at the end.
There are quite a few types of screw conveyors which differ depending on your specific needs.
- Tubular Screw Conveyors – This is generally used to transport food, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
- Vertical Screw Conveyors – This conveyor is best for moving minerals, food items and even fresh fruit.
- Centreless Screw Conveyors – This type of machine is used to convey dry materials, minerals and food products.
How Does It Work?
So, how do they function? Well, the ultimate premise, as we have talked about, is transporting products from one place to another.
A screw conveyor is often fed by another piece of equipment, usually another screw conveyor, rotary feeder or rotary airlock.
The volume of product transferred in this method is managed and kept at a certain level. This means that changing the speed of the screw will either increase or decrease the volume of product it carries.
What Are The Benefits?
There are several benefits to using a screw conveyor in your processing setup. These include:
- Flexibility – Due to the structure of the screw conveyor, the inlets and discharge spots can be adapted depending on your specific use.
- Metering – You can use a screw conveyor to meter product stream into other storage areas, during the process.
- Adaptable – They can be used at any angle, horizontal or vertical. This allows you to adjust it to fit your space instead of making the space fit the equipment.
- Time – These pieces of machinery are designed to boost your productivity. Their efficient functioning capabilities allow you to fill it and then let it do its job.
What’s The Bottom Line?
Well, to be frank, this method of moving products from A to B is brilliant. It is a simple method of transportation with clear benefits, including flexible uses, metered input, adaptability to your space and time management benefits.
So, if you are in the product manufacturing business and looking for conveyance solutions, then look no further than the Wrights Dowson Group.
If you have any further questions about conveyance systems, please contact us via email or visit us online for more options.