Allied to their expertise and reputation for design and manufacture of screw conveyors, valves, discharge equipment and a variety of associated bulk solids handling equipment, Wrights Dowson Group also manufacture under license the MetaTech™, Volumetric Metering Screw Feeder.
The Wrights Dowson, MetaTech™ Screw Feeder features a compact, space-saving design, low maintenance direct drive and new Delrin® bushing for highly accurate and dependable metering of powders, pellets, flakes, and agglomerates.
In operation, the agitator/conditioner screw begins to move materials forward in the feeder’s trough. Since the agitator / conditioner screws are larger in diameter than the metering (feeding) screw and of wire configuration, they carry a greater capacity than the metering screw, allowing material to flow through and around it. This 360° influence of material forces entrained air up and out of the metering area and force-feeds material into the flights of the metering screw to ensure they are completely full with uniformly dense material.
Features & Benefits
- NEW – Only 2 moving parts (Drive and Screw) ensures reliable, long lasting performance with minimal process downtime.
- NEW – O-Ring Sealed Inline Drive ensures dust-free operation and makes screw shaft alignment easy after change out or cleaning.
- Teflon® Rear Seal Standard for years of maintenance-free service. Also available with cinch seal.
- Unique Agitator/Conditioner Screw completely fills the feed screw for high accuracy of ± 1 to 1 1/2%.
- Interchangeable Screw/Tube Combinations available in 12mm to 150mm sizes and permit feed rates from 0.015 to 15.6 M3./hr.
- Wide Range of Models includes space-saving mini, sanitary, and combination feeder/conveyor units.
Ruggedly built for continuous, long-lasting operation.
All metal contact parts are available in a choice of mild steel, epoxy coated carbon steel, 304 stainless steel or 316 stainless steel. Carbon steel exterior primed and painted blue enamel. Stainless steel units provided with 2B mill finish.
Drive Motor–Size varies depending upon material and feed requirements.
A trial unit is available for hire, if this facility is required or for further information on Metering Screw Feeders, please contact us.